Wednesday, November 4, 2015

'Tis The Season To Be Jolly

We were sitting around a campfire and my friend introudced me to this wonderful couple.  Tom and Lisa.  Tom is from Germany and every time he used the word  and it was und.  Everytime I heard und I had a little smile on my face.  He told me how he met another guy around the campfire.  Tom wanted to go hunting and this guy taught him how to hunt.  They have been hunting ever since on the hill.  The hill was where we were at having the campfire.

Later, we got to talking about stamping cards.  They invited me and my friend over to make the best dumplings.  I wanted to make them a Christmas card and I thought this was perfect




I used a digital image called "Holiday Deer" from MHK Designs.  I printed it two times.  The first layer is my base.  I cut out the area around the deer's horns so I could make a window for my sentiment.  The second print was cut apart to lift some boughs.  I used a wood grain embossing folder with black ink to create the wood panel.  Then I stamped the sentiment and embossed it with black.   I had to trim a little on the design to make sure all the sentiment showed. I put a piece of acetate between the image and wood grain panel.  I added glitter to the mountain tops and boughs.  Then I put three red gems for a pop of color.




I was forced to clean my craft room to find a piece of acetate!!   I also need some acetate because I made my grandson a little card on the Cricut.  I put the acetate behind the dino skeleton to make it look like an Xray!!



Stamps Used: MHK Designs and a vintage sentiment stamp.

'Tis The Season is linked to"
The Male Room my stash is apparently the acetate.  I also have the wood grain background made up and looking for a card to use it on.
The Paper Shelter
Word Art Wednesday
Doodle Pantry
Through the Craft Room Door
Try It On Tuesday
CCC Digi Creations
House Of Cards
Jennifer McGuire
VS Sweet Idea
Frosty Festivities 2015 I was inspired to fram both the deer and the dino as you did with the Christmas tree.

14 comments:

  1. Great card!!! Nice take on the challenge!
    Thank you for joining us at House of Cards!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific idea for a special card

    Thank you for sharing it with us at Try
    It on Tuesday

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are terrific Jerrie my friend! The recipients are going to love them! The acetate behind the Dino certainly looks like an x-ray! Have a lovely day! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Idea! Thanks for sharing with us this fortnight. Lisa DT CCC Digi Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you made with MHK design
    looks so manly Jerrie
    and the DINO oh so cuuutee clever idea and he will love your card I believe it
    my son likes Dino too as he was a small boy and then Thomas the Locomotiv and now he is bigger he loves Lego the Lego Starwars and Lego NINJAGO
    hmmm young boy I never play with them hehehe..
    lovely post Jerrie..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, what a great take on the challenge, Jo x HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing!
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Try
    It on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jerri, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Holiday Deer card! The layering and dimension are STUNNING, and the added texture is just amazing! Thank you so much for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. majestic stag. very natural feel to your card. i also love the x-ray one. thank you for sharing your creations eith us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa xx
    http://craf-ther.blogspot.co.uk/ (personal blog)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are fantastic! I love the x-ray one especially! Super cool and unique idea! Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

    Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card. Thanks for joining our challenge at CCC Digi Creations. Good luck!
    Kitty DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great work on these cards. Thanks for playing along with our challenge at House of Cards
    Ma (✿*‿*) HOC DT
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both are awesome cards Jerrie. I am going to have to visit my boss's Etsy shop to check out this image because I love what you have created with it. Such a fabulous Christmas card, beautifully coloured image and the background is wonderful too. The dinosaur card is fabulous too and I have some family members who would love that one - so clever to make your card look like an X-ray. Thank you so much for entering our November Challenge. I hope we see you again for the December challenge Karen P (DT House of Cards)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You stag Christmas card is stunning, I love the depth to it! Thank you so much for joining in with Frosty Festivities 2015! x

    ReplyDelete