Friday, November 27, 2015

Magic Card Well, Just Optical Illusion

I just recently saw how a magic card works and was so intrigued.  The image is black and white but when you pull on it, it magically appears colored!  This is probably old school for you, but I saw this light bulb image and thought is would work perfectly into a magic card.

I wanted the outside to be kinda plain so it would be more dramatical when you opened it.  I used white embossing powder to create this front cover.  I am playing with Catch Bug Bingo and used not designer paper, a button and a sentiment.




Now you pull on the tab and a colored image appears magically!



How fun is this?

Stamps used: Bugaboo

Magic Card is linked to:
Catch The Bug
Just Add Ink
Craft Rocket Challenge
Sieze The Birthday
Creative Knockouts
Send A Smile 4 Kids
Word Art Wednesday
DL Art

13 comments:

  1. Very cool design. I've not seen that before. Love all of the colorful light bulbs. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this technique and you have used the perfect image for it! Thanks so much for joining our Bingo Challenge at Bugaboo's Catch the Bug blog this week - good luck! Please join us again soon!
    Love
    Jen Leeflang
    Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so cool Jerrie my friend! Love this idea . . . what you call a 'light-bulb' moment eh? So clever! Have a great weekend! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Electrifying.......sorry couldn't resist This is very creative Thanks for sharing at Craft Rocket Challenges Lis DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cool card, very pretty,Thanks for playing along over at DL.ART!

    Hugs, Lori m
    littlemscraftedmind.blogspot.com
    DL.ART DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing, perfect image for this technique, wonderfully done! Thanks for joining us at Catch The Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, it's not old school to me, Jerrie, and I am quite intrigued by this magic with the lightbulbs. I am going to have to Google how you did this magical card! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card! That stamp works perfectly for this technique. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cool technique!! I love it!! My hubby is an electrician and he would enjoy this!! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, forgot to say thanks for sharing your creation with us at Craft Rocket Challenges! Hope you will join us next time! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

      Delete
  10. Awesome project Jerrie, I love this technique you have used...
    Jerrie do you have an email address I could contact you on please

    Rhonda xx
    tillie65@bigpond.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the button and bakers twine on the tab . It might make it easier for the recipient to notice that he/she should "pull here" to see the magic ! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete