Sunday, November 15, 2015

Momma's Got A New Pair Of Shoes




My canvas has expanded!  Today, I am upcycling shoes.  A pair of beige high heel shoes to be exact!  Since there are no high heel shoes in my closet, my niece dpmate a gently used  pair.  I had three requirements...the highest heels she could find, closed toed and smooth.  I wanted to make a decoration for my craft room using stamps.  I adore this Hope Blooms set from STAMPlorations.




Now, who alters shoes?  I watched the Home and Family show and they used comic books to alter their shoes.  The sold for around $150 a pair.  I wondered if I could use my stamps, what could I lose...a pair of shoes, some craft supplies and time.

I started by coloring the heels and ridge on the shoe black with a Sharpie marker.I


I took two sheets  of copy paper and stamped on it.   You will be cutting this into squares and rectangles so just stamp randomly on the paper.




Gelatos time!  I put a lot of orange in the center of the butterfly and took my finger to spread it out in the wings.  Then I took a brush and Mustard Seed DI and put three blotches of color on each image.




Since it is best to work in squares and rectangles, I cut my finished paper into shapes.



Using Mod Podge, the images were randomly applied to the shoes.  On the outside front of the shoe, I wanted the image and Bloom to show so that is the only place I was paticular.




Once the shoes were all covered, I put a layer of Mod Podge over the entire shoe.  Then, it dries overnight.  As you see on the picture there is some overhang on the bottom of the shoe so using an Exacto knife, remove this.  Since I wanted a shiny heel, I decide to use a gloss black acrylic paint and redo the heel and sole.  Then it was time to stencil.  I tightly held the stencil in the open white spaces and took Black Soot DI and rubbed it in the stencil.

I wanted the shoes to look like they were on display at an expensive shoe store.  I had a clear jewlry box and put it under the toe of one shoe and put that heel in the heel of the other shoe.  I used tissue paper, flowers, greenery, bling, and ribbon to complete this project.



I love the finished project and it will be the centerpiece in my craft room!

Stamps and Stencils used: STAMPlorations and Artplorations.
Momma's Got A New Pair Of Shoes is linked to
STAMPlorations
STAMPlorations
Craft Stamper Magazine
Allsorts Challenge
Creative Artists Challenge
Stamps And Stencils my mother loved butterflies
Altered Eclectics
Anything But Cute Mixed Media Challenge
Love To Create




29 comments:

  1. WOW!! This project is amazing Jerrie my friend!! What a completely fabulous idea and the end result is stunning . . . now where did I put those heels I can't wear any more? Hope you have a lovely upcoming week! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is amazing. Thank you for joining us at <a href='http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk/’> Creative Artiste Challenge Blog </a> for challenge 8 use Traditional Colours. Hugs Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love a bit of upcycling....Jimmy Choo has nothing on you! Wonderful stamping, stunning results and thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils and sharing your memory. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what an awesome funky project, it is such a creative idea... Thank you for joining in on our challenge over at Creative Artiste's Mixed Media Challenge.. Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon...

    Hugs Rhonda DT xx
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE these shoes...
    Thanks for joining us in the challenge at Craft Stamper
    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a great project - thanks for sharing your creation at the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wow, wow this us amazing, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SOOOOOOOO cool! I bet that's a first for STAMPlorations - having their stamps used on shoes! This is freaking impressive! You're such a creative genius!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, such a lovely altering project! Brilliant! Thank you for joining us at the Craft Stamper Challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous pair of upcycled shoes! I love the colors and your display really looks like it could be in a fine shoe shop! Well done! Thank you for joining our It's Ornamental challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, Jerrie, that is absolutely stunning!
    What a great decorative projects and the colors are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun project! Thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations.
    Sandy, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, these are just fabulous!! I love your choice for an up-cycle project idea and the transformation is just amazing!! I love all the added flowers and foliage, truly stunning! Thank you so much for joining us at Anything But Cute for our 'It's Ornamental' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, Jerrie! These are fabulous! If I could still wear high heels, I'd buy some like these ;) Thanks so much for adding them to the gallery at Craft Stamper Take It, Make It!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea, love them
    thanks for joining our challenge over at
    http://creativeartisitemixmeadia.blogspot.com.au
    Debbie Dt

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!! You are just so clever here Jerrie!! LOVE what you have done with the shoes! The colors and the flowers are just gorgeous!! What a great idea!! :) Thanks for joining in the fun with us at {Cupcake Inspirations}! Hope you will play again! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is ingenious! What a beautiful project and great use of this week's colors at Cupcake Inspirations! Thanks for sharing!
    Debbie, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fabulous idea to upcycle a pair of shoes! Loving the colours and your flowers and foliage are just so gorgeous! Amazing transformation! Thank you so much for joining our 'It's Ornamental' challenge at Anything But Cute!
    Branka DT x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is insanely awesome! Fabulous job on up-cycling, and your creativity! Thanks for playing along with us over at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so cool...totally gorgeous...love the orange colour,it really pops...
    A fabulous entry for our challenge over at Altered Eclectics....x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful altered shoe! Gorgeous!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations. - Eva, DT Sweetie -

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Jerrie! I am total LOVE with your shoes - they are utterly and totally fabulous! I love what you have done and I feel so inspired by your post. I am in awe of you! Cxx (FA for November at Anything but Cute)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! These shoes are fantastic! I just want to have a go at this right now ! Love the technique you've used and the stamping and colouring is so pretty. Wonderful embellishments too! Thank you for sharing this fab project with us at Stamps and Stencils. Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW!!! What an amazing project .... I love it! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a lovely make over! Thank you so much for joining our It's Ornamental challenge at Anything But Cute!

    Samra DT
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  26. I did not get any update more Jerrie..Thats why just visiting you again..congrats on being winner at Allsort challenge...your project is Clever Adorable and very creative yaaayy...luv this my friend

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning alteration , love your creativity ♥

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations Jerrie on such a worthy win...

    Hugs Rhonda DT xx
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a unique decoration, love them. Thank you for sharing it with us at Altered Eclectics.

    ReplyDelete