Friday, January 2, 2015

Let's Get this New Year started

Happy 2015!! I hope this year brings many good things your way. I started the year in the craft room and hope to spend many more hours this year there too. Freshly Made Sketcheshttp://www.freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com/ has a great sketch I wanted to play along with.



This card fits into the Fusion Card Challenge.http://fusioncardchallenge.blogspot.com/ It is a fusion between the photo and the sketch.



NBUS is "new" to me.http://www.djkardkreations.com/ My style is layering but love the white space cards. So I tried a "new" style. I am going to make one white space or clean card a month...once again, "new".
I have also done "new" techniques on my card like using a punch vs paper for a banner and cutting dies and then running them through the inked cuttlebug folder as seen on the butterfly. I think I have found a "new" background I will be using this year. Oh, I am using my "new" sand copic marker to color the scalloped circle. That is a lot of "new" for 2015. Could not get up to 15 "new" things...but I tried!!




Oh my, I still layer... blue, yellow and pink... it is in the butterfly!!
Stamplorationshttp://stamplorations.blogspot.com/2015/01/january-challenge-stamps-inks.html January challenge is stamps and inks so Butterfly kisses will be linked there.

13 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! The colors and all those yummy layers are a perfect combo! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty that is Jerrie! Love it! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa. Completely different to your usual style but pretty cool. That layered butterfly is pretty fab with all of the patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on embracing the new year by trying out all these new things, Jerrie! Your multi-layered and patterned butterfly is sensational with her pretty pearls and all that white space!! Thank you so much for joining in my NBUS Challenge #3! I wish you all the best in the new year!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifull color combination and fantastic layering!!! Way to start off the New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your layered butterfly ... so glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fun card and such a cool take on the FUSION inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! I love the vertical flourish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is just lovely! Your butterfly is just gorgeous as a focal point on your card. Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome stamped bflies - Thanks for joining in at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the layered butterflies! Thanks so much for joining us for our birthday challenge at FUSION! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you cut that pretty butterfly from patterned paper and all the yummy layers!

    ReplyDelete