Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Ionic bond

Using Ionic Bond from Unity Stamp Company, I saw this nuclear symbol and imediately thought of the show the Big Bang Theory. I love that show and Sheldon with is selfish narcissistic personality just makes me laugh!! It is funny how they can use such big words and make silly jokes.



The color theme at Unity Stamp Company Bloghttp://theunitystampco-challenge.blogspot.com/ is blues and purples.

I used Try Stamping on Tuesdays sketchhttp://trystampinontuesday.blogspot.com/.


Crafty Gals Cornerhttp://craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.com/ has a sweetheart theme and you need to use a heart. I created the background using the dipping technique with Faded Jeans, Peacock Feathers and Dusty Concord DI. Then, I have never opened my Pearl Ex, and used translucent violet to create a shine. Well, I wanted more shimmer...this is an electrostatic attraction we are talking about. I ran my Versa Mark pad on the card leaving spaces that would be dull and shiny when embossed with clear embossing powder.


I created the background by stamping "Our Ionic Bond" many times. Then I paper pieced by adding the hearts that were punched out of the background paper to the spaces between the background stamping. I also added three of them to the nuclear symbol. My scrap box held the paper for the card and colors for the banners and backing of the nuclear symbol.



Simon Says Wednesday challenge http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/ has It's a guy thing and I think this would be a perfect valentine for the guy.

613 Avenue Create's has a use as many techniques on a card as possible challengehttp://avenue613.blogspot.com/

Well, I think an Ionic Bond has been formed.

12 comments:

  1. Love, love, love that inky background! You're really knocking them out of the park lately! Thanks for linking up at Crafty Gals Corner, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your creation <3

    feel free to stop by my blog and enter my blog candy :)

    http://mcm-ina.blogspot.com

    xo, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jerrie, oh how I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Big Bang Theory show too! Who doesn't!? Anyway, what a great interpretation of the card and what I consider to be "art imitating life." Thanks for also working it into our sketch this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great! I love the science theme behind it!
    Thanks for playing along this week with our Sweethearts Challenge at Crafty Gals Corner!
    -Samantha
    Crafty Gals Corner - DT Coordinator
    Crafty Gals Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great background. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. PennyRae DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jerrie,
    What a fun, "magnetic" card! The background is so intereresting and pretty and so are the other techniques you incorporated into your design. Great take on the sketch, too! Thank you for joining the fun over at Try Stampin' On Tuesday. Come join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors and what a fun stamp set! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card and fun image!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Gals Corner and good luck!
    Hugs,
    Lynne, Crafty Gals Corner DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous background! Thanks for joining us in the It's a Guy Thing Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that background!! oh wow♥ great card, thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card. I just love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really liked as a part of the article. With a nice and interesting topics.Visit: Ionic Themes

    ReplyDelete