Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Vintage Sunshine



A grungy, vintage card today.  I went to my first garage sale of the year at the scrapbook store.  People bring in their slightly used supplies and they are sold.  Then they get a credit at the store to buy new supplies.  You sill find stamps, cutting supplies, embellishments, paper and other craft supplies.  Believe me...you will only move through the sale as fast as the person in front of you as they go through all the stamps, paper etc!

So, I mixed some of these supplies...I behaved myself...and mixed some of my garage sale supplies with my supplies on hand to make this card.

This is a mixed media card as I used DI, clear embossing powder on the sun rays, an acrylic piece over the circle on the sun, distress spray for the splatters, twine, and a metal brad.




Vintage Sunshine is linked to:
Simon Says
One Stitch At A Time
Glitter and Sparkle
The Mixed Media Card Challenge
The Mixed Media Card Challenge

5 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous Jerrie! I love your Vintage take with the sunshine! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love love love this. You can send it to me. ;) The acrylic for the sun is such a cool touch. I love the subtlety of your sunshine combined with all the grunge, too. And you lucky duck for having a scrapbooking store that does that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative card! The sun rays make me smile!

    Thank you for participating in the OSAAT "Anything Goes with Distressing" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card and very clever to make a vintage take on the sunshine theme too!!! thanks for joining in with us at MMCC this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your vintage sunshine card! Very original and lots of interesting elements! Thanks for sharing at the Mixed Media Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete