Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Color Throwdown at the Aquarium


Today I thank Color Throwdown for the opportunity to be their featured stamper.  I love the colors that are this weeks color inspiration



The colors worked well as I tried a new technique.  I used distress paint and applied it to a craft sheet. After brayering the colors together, I put down a stencil.  I placed a sheet of paper over the stencil and made my first print.  Then I removed the stencil and made my second print that is used on this card.





I stamped and embossed the fish and coral with clear embossing powder.  I hand cut the sea weed out of my first print.  Then I embossed the sentiment and added some small shells.

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see your creation at the Color Throwdown this week!

Color Throwdown at the Aquarium is linked to:
TPD Card Challenge

10 comments:

  1. what a great under the sea scene you created. I love those fish. great work with the colors and thanks for guesting with us at CTD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the feature you blogworld star you! This is such an interesting take on the colors that most people wouldn't think of! Great mixed media scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really adorable underwater scene!! I love all of these fun elements you've put together on this design!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Glad you found us at Two Paper Divas this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the dimensions this has is just totally fun, thanks for playing along with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jerrie, I LOVE how your printed background turned out! It's awesome!! And I love your underwater scene! Such a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jerrie this is so so sweett
    lovely background
    lovely fish scene
    I love this much and you are so clever using that color combo
    yaayy great GDT card my friend

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fun card! Love how you incorporated the colors into an ocean scene!!! Thank you for joining us at the TPD Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card! Love your background and pink coral.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card! Love your background and pink coral.

    ReplyDelete