Monday, April 25, 2016

Hello, Sunshine



April showers bring May flowers but...Hello, Sunshine...you come too!

These rainy days are perfect to stay inside an create!  I have been playing around with my brayer and acrylic paint to create backgrounds.  I put yellow, white and oragne on a craft mat and rolled it around.  Then I put a bracket stencil over that and brayered away.  When that dried, I put orange on the craft mat and inked up the brayer.  The bracket stencil was placed on the paper again and I brayered away.  Once that dried, I stamped the grunge on the card.

The sunshine had yellow paint brayered over the stamp.  Once dried, I put sparkle embossing power because this sun has to SHINE!  Grunge was stamped on the edges.  The sun rays did not stand out so I used an Elegant Writer to draw a line under each ray.  The sentiment was stamped and embossed with white embossing powder.




I love this mixed media card.

Thanks for stopping in and if you would like, let me know what you think.

Hello, Sunshine is linked to:
Through The Craft Room Door
heARTful stamping challenge this  is my favorite  card  of 2016.  I love the mixed media and the colors just inspire me.

 The Mixed Media Card Challenge
Double D Card Challenge


15 comments:

  1. OH WOW ... so bright and happy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS’ Challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've been having a ton of fun getting messy! I need to play around with my brayer more often because this turned out fabulously! Thanks for playing at the Mixed Media Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca, I had paint on my fingers and everywhere...I am kinda getting into this and hope to play a lot more with it...summer would be great where I can go outside with a pool of water!!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous and so very creative..love it! Thank you for joining Double D for our 'April Showers/Spring Flowers challenge!
    Diane DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes - "gelli" fun. This turned out wonderfully. I just love those yellow rays of sunshine. Great to see this beautiful card in the MMCC gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, we have rain here today! Great MM design there Jerrie my friend! Lovely! Have a lovely day! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for joining in with us at MMCC with this happy and bright card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful bright and sunny card full of color and sparkle! thanks for joining us in the Mixed Media Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful mixed media card, Jerrie! I love all the layers of paint and stencil topped with the grunge stamps. Thanks for playing along at the Mixed Media Card Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my! Your playing with paint and ink turned out fabulous! Love these colors and the sparkle. So glad you shared this with us at Double D in our April Showers challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is SUPER bright, happy and so very SUNSHINE-y!! You have made a work of art here that will dazzle someone's day!! Love it and I want you to know that I appreciated the little note you sent me yesterday! I am getting close to being ready to blog again some!! Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jerrie...
    Your background woowww
    ..winner for my eyes..the layout...great and simple..the colour combo ahhh I feel sunshine...awesome card with awesome brayer BG...I luv this..would be thrilled if I get it in my post...(exchange cards alarm LOL) hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh Jerrie, this turned out absolutely amazing!! I love the colors and your bit of sparkle on the sunshine rays! :) Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jerrie, what a fabulous card! Great design and I love all of the techniques that you used. Thanks for joining the Double D April Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so so cool! Totally love it!

    ReplyDelete