Monday, December 15, 2014

A Wisconsin Winter Poem

Home...click my ruby red slippers...there is no place like Wisconsin...Wisconsin is home~ I think Mother Nature is playing tricks on us this year because it is 40 and all the snow has melted but usually...this Wisconsin Winter Poem describes my home.
If you cannot read the poem it says:

A Wisconsin Winter Poem:

It's winter in Wisconsin

And the gentle breezes blow

Seventy miles an hour

At twenty-five below.

Oh, how I love Wisconsin

When the snow's up to your butt

You take a breath of winter

And your nose gets frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful

So I guess I'll hang around

I could never leave Wisconsin

Cause I'm frozen to the ground!

For this tag, I used concord grape and weathered wood distress ink to create the background. I applied some white acrylic paint with sheet rock tape. Then sponged concord grape and edged in weathered wood. I used Stamploragions Mini Media Mixed Backgrounds for the circles in the background with vintage photo DI.Getting out a map, I cut the state of Wisconsin out and dipped it in faded blue jeans DI. Of course, it had to have an acrylic heart!! I stamped a pair of mittens and used baker's twine to hang it on the state. I stamped the A Note From Wisconsin (contents may be frozen) on white paper and curled the edges. For the thermometer, I punched an oval, made the mercury and diamond glazed it. I added lines and a negative twenty-five. Three white metal brads snowflakes and a ribbon dipped in concord grape DI finish the card. I also applied glitter but the photo does not pick it up. My honey thinks I should send the tag to Governor Walker. This card is posted to Stamplorations gallery http://stamplorations.blogspot.com/p/stamplorations-anything-goes-challenge.html Mixed Media Card Challenge http://themixedmediacardchallenge.blogspot.com/2014/12/mmcc-6-home.html

5 comments:

  1. Haha! Your humor never ceases to make me laugh. I'm so glad you're my auntie. You can send this tag to me instead of to the Governor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun Jerrie!! Love your poem and all the special touches you've added to the tag :) Thanks for joining us at Mixed Media Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT creative tag Jerrie! That poem just cracked me up! love the mittens and state cut out - and the beautiful background! thank you so much for joining us in the Mixed Media Card Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As an originally-from-Michigan gal I can relate! What a fun thing to put on a tag. Thanks for joining us this busy month at MMCC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a little late to the party, but I wanted to thank you for sharing my poem. I wrote it in December 2007 while I was contemplating another Wisconsin Winter. I've been tracing it around the internet for the past couple of years after a friend found it and posted it on her Facebook page. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Happy Holidays everyone!
    Linda Motley
    Former Wisconsite

    ReplyDelete