Monday, February 22, 2016

Flowers On The Wall

Hello.  I am just recycling tissue paper today.  I have seen backgrounds with tissue paper and it provides so much texture to a card.    I have wanted to try it and am so glad I did.

Now I have seen distress ink used to color the tissue paper but I did not know if watercolors would work with it also.

I started by crumpling up my tissue paper and glueing it on the cardstock.  A sheet of tissue paper makes a LOT of backgrounds and patience to let it dry completely once glued on the cardstock is needed. Then I took a paint brush, water and aqua colors and smeared it on the stamp.  Be careful and do not get it to wet.  It stamped leaving the images on the left.  While that was drying,  I stamped and fussy cut my flowers and leaves.  Then I added brown flock to the center of the flower.  That adds lots of texture too when you only work with basically one color..shades of blue.   A ribbon was added and the completed front panel was popped up on white cardstock.   I needed a thank you card and decided to stamp the sentiment in brown to match the center of the flowers.









Craft Rocket Challenge
Simon Says Monday inspired by the song Flowers On The Wall
DL Art used Diana's crinkle ribbon
Word Art Wednesday
Work It Wednesday

Just Us Girls










Cupcake Inspirations

16 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for joining our 220th challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Your creation is inspiring and very beautiful. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I love the tissue paper background and the beautiful blues for your flowers and background. The brown flock is gorgeous for the flower centers and I love the addition of the bow! Thanks for playing along with us at DL.ART February Linky Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWH you pulled my heart strings Love texture and blue is always my choice Lis DT Craft Rocket Ch

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - your card is just gorgeous!! The texture and colors are amazing! Thanks so much for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I'm going to have to try this! Tissue paper and watercolors, awesome. Thanks for sharing at Craft Rocket Challenges. Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! Good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! LOVE the texture you get from the tissue paper! Your card looks amazing! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Gorgeous texture with the tissue paper, I have to try that! and such a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tissue paper technique did give you some nice texture to stamp on and I love the effect! YOu chose beautiful flowers that don't fight with the background. Love the ribbon and sentiment-perfect touches!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you are so clever Jerrie!! What a really fantastic use of recycling here!! The flowers are so pretty and I love the texture on your design! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful flowers, beautiful technique, beautiful recycle! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! Love the texture. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Absolutely beautiful, so clever, just brilliant!!! Thank you for joining us over at Cupcake Inspirations!
    DT Sweetie Naki

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations. - Eva, Sweetie DT -

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning! Love, love the texture you've got here and the flowers are so pretty. Thanks so much for playing along with our colours at Cupcake Inspirations. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  16. STUNNING
    that tissue paper looks so beautiful on your card
    its really your masterpiece
    one of my fav of your cards
    totally stunning Jerrie
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete