Friday, September 11, 2015

Birthday Butterflies

Sending birthday wishes to my sister, Julie. She loves butterflies and the sketch at STAMPlorations works perfeclty. I also got to use the Trendy Butterflies that have sat uninked for a while. Thank goodness it is birthday time!!

I wanted to give this card a clean and contemporaty look. After stamping the graphic images, I colored a few of the graphics on the top and bottom. I wanted to make this colorful so I stamped the different butterflies in Abandoned Coral, Worn Lipstick, Peacock Feathers and Mustard Seed DI. A leaf punch was used for the butterlies to gather.


Birthday Butterflies is linked to:
Craft Stamper Magazinehttp://craftstamper.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/take-it-make-it-challenge-september.html

STAMPlorations http://stamplorations.blogspot.com/2015/09/september-challenge.html
imon Says Monday http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=3060
NBUS #5 http://www.djkardkreations.com/2015/09/its-here-nbus-challenge-5.html
Sieze The Birthday http://seizethebirthday.blogspot.com/2015/09/anything-goes.html

13 comments:

  1. AWWWWWSOME! This is SOOOO cooooooolllllll! It had to have taken forever to do, too. I like the swath of butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerrie - what great details on this awesome card - the butterflies are stamped in awesome colors!!! And those trendy squares at the top and bottom are really cool - and what a genius idea to border it all with a ruler stamp!!!! What a great card!! Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin your card. Butterflies are one of my favorites. Great job.
    April

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card! Love the butterflies and the colors!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really adore this card! I thought the layout itself was so clever! I like that it has geometric elements and structured elements (like the ruler) along side of those beautiful flowing flying butterflies. Genius! And I loved how they are flying in a half-circle shape. I've never seen anything quite like this before and really take my hat off (if I was actually wearing one) to your creativity here. You have a great sense of layering things in a stunning way. Thank you so much for sharing this with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. The geometric stamping with the touches of colour is so striking and the butterflies in the arc give a lovely sense of movement. Fab card Jerrie. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous project... lovely stamping and colors!!
    Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge ... good luck!
    xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a funky, cool card! Great ideas! Congrats on your SSS spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so honored to be spotlighted on SSS. Thank you Andrea!

      Delete
  9. Fun background and lovely, bright, happy coloured butterflies! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun birthday card. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an original and colorful take on the sketch, loving your style. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations September challenge, hope to see you back in October.

    ReplyDelete