Monday, October 5, 2015

Take Me Away!

Hi!
Today's guest designer is Julie Andersson from Minnesota, who happens to be my sister. She created a card that speaks to domestic violence.  The background is made of pieces of paper that represent the shattered lives of those affected by DV.  She took pieces of scrap paper and cut them into irregular shapes and layed them on sticker paper, leaving small spaces between them.  Once the page was filled, gold embossing powder was sprinkled over it which stuck to the sticker, and then embossed.   Take me away to a better place....



Take Me Away is linked to; 
The Damsel of Distressed Cards 
http://damselofdistressedcards.blogspot.com/2015/10/the-hop-to-stop.htmlhttp://damselofdistressedcards.blogspot.com/2015/10/the-hop-to-stop.html

11 comments:

  1. I love this card! I'm so glad that Julie got to play along, too! The flowers are so pretty and I love the hints of glitz and glamor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous background! Something I need to try for sure...beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful background to this beautiful Paris scene. Love the beautiful image, flowers and the gold embossed sentiment.
    ♥ Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am visiting from the Hop to Stop. Your card is beautiful. I love the image and flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Julie! Thank you for your help too in supporting the stop in domestic violence! I love the Eiffel Tower, what a beautiful stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a Gorgeous card!!! Love the touches of gold throughout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! The Eiffel Tower is one of my favorite design elements and you made it look so beautiful with these deep purple blooms!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your layout is superb and the deep and rich colors of the flowers surrounding the Eiffel Tower and design paper with the embossment is quite unique. Your card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie's card is beautiful! I really like how you have connected your cards to domestic violence. Most of mine have been cutesy, I guess as a way of distracting myself from the sadness of this issue. I really appreciate your support of this hop, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - so full of beauty and this will help those who have had their lives shattered be DV to find hope and look to a better place!! Wonderfully done!! Thank you, Julie!!

    ReplyDelete