Friday, May 29, 2015

Have A Sweet Birthday

I am playing with newsprint and the Shutters stencil from STAMPlorations. I love newsprint and how your finished image looks. I also used Sugar Rush from STAMPlorations.

I stamped the ice cream sundae, donuts and waffle bowl on the newsprint. Then I taped the stencil over the stamped images. I chose which portions I was going to ink in. I was so surprised when I lifted the stencil and it looked cool. I used copics to color the images. I put glitter on the donuts and sundae. I put some distressed paint on the pink part of the waffle bowl as the colored image was dull. Then I used matching cardstock to layer the image. My niece went to school to become a pastry chef and this will be her birthday card.

The inside says:
Have a sweet birthday


Have A Sweet Birthday is linked to:
STAMPlorations http://stamplorations.blogspot.ca/2015/05/artplorations-stencil-blog-hop-day-4.html
STAMPlorationshttp://stamplorations.blogspot.com/p/stamplorations-anything-goes-challenge.html
On A Stampage http://mynnettekitchenonastampage.blogspot.com/2015/05/mynns-birthday-bash-giveaway-celebration.html

3 comments:

  1. The way that ice cream looks is really cool! The whole card is very pop artsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so yummy, Jerrie! I LOVE the fun stenciling as a way to frame your images! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job you did with that shutter stencil and your images are presented in such a way that they are making me want something sweet - right now!!! Great texture on your images and it is just sheer greatness in a card!!!

    ReplyDelete